Common INFINITI Q70 A/C Problems
The air conditioning unit is a flow of genius but what happens when it goes wrong? Typically, there is usually no warning and certainly no lights on the dash to indicate a problem. There are a number of reasons why an A/C unit will fail, your INFINITI Q70 A/C problems can usually be due to just a few categories.
There are a number of reasons why an A/C unit will fail, your INFINITI Q70 A/C problems can usually be due to just a few categories. These are:
- Refrigerant leakage: Refrigerant is the chemical that is used to create the cold air in the car. If it leaks, then it not only damages other parts of your A/C system, it is also harmful to the environment. This is not a job you should undertake to repair yourself unless you know what you are doing. It is not just a case of adding something to the system, like replacing a car’s oil. A specialist machine should be used to properly empty the system, check where the issue needs addressing, and then recharging it.
- The compressor has burned out or broken: A compressor failure can be due to a number of different causes, not just burnout. For example, a fault or broken thermal expansion valve can have allowed too much refrigerant to flood into the compressor, causing it to overwork and burnout. It may also just have served its time and need replacing, particularly if you have had the car for a while and used it frequently. Before a compressor can be replaced, it should be checked thoroughly by a mechanic or someone who has a sound knowledge of A/C systems or cars. Otherwise, you may replace it without correcting the originating cause of the failure, making it certain to fail again in a short space of time.
- Climate control issue: You may have discovered a climate control issue if you have hot air blowing when it should be blowing cold air. This could be on the driver’s side or the passenger’s side of the car.
- A/C evaporator not working: If this becomes clogged up or starts to leak, then the air will come out of your A/C unit as warm air. This won’t break the car, but you will find you can’t get any cool air until it is fixed or replaced.
- Condenser breaks: The condenser is essential to the A/C unit and when this fails, then the air conditioning won’t work. The condenser cools the refrigerant inside when the air is blown across the outside. Once cooled, the refrigerant is then released in liquid form.
- Broken heater blower motor: Although there may be an issue with the amount of either warm or cold air being blown out, this may not be noticed for some time. The air blowing out may be lower in pressure and this can happen for quite some time before you realize there is an issue. However, if you don’t notice this, then you will definitely notice when it breaks altogether, and no air is released. This kind of problem is more typical of an older vehicle or a vehicle with high mileage.
If you need urgent replacement parts for your car’s air conditioning unit then R & Y A/C Compressors is the place to go. We carry a huge range of parts specifically designed for any vehicle’s A/C unit, including condensers, A/C unit compressor kits, hoses, and accessories, as well as expansion valves and evaporators. For a quick discussion of your needs or a more in-depth conversation about replacement parts, please contact us at 877-759-8070 or use the email form on the contact page.