Known to be one of the oldest American automotive companies, the Dodge got its name from the creators, the Dodge brothers. Some of the most recognizable vehicles in the United States were created by this company. Let us see what history tells about this brand!
Based in Auburn Hills, Michigan, Dodge is an American automobile brand, manufactured by Fiat Chrysler. It currently includes the economically priced variants of Chrysler vehicles, along with performance cars. It was in the early 1900s, when the company was founded by John Francis and Horace Elgin Dodge as the Dodge Brothers Company. It was initially a supplier of parts and accessories for automakers based in Detroit, until they began building automobiles in 1914. For over a decade from 1998 to 2009, the brand has endured several ownership charges at Chrysler.
Popular Car Make and Model Under Dodge
Dodge is well-known for their muscle cars and sports cars. Here is a quick look at their latest vehicle lineup:
- Dodge Challenger
- Dodge Charger
- Dodge Durango
- Dodge Grand Caravan
- Dodge Journey
- Dodge Dart
The Evolution of Dodge
- In 1900: The company was founded by the Dodge brothers, producing vehicle components that would be used by Ford Motor company.
- In 1915: It became the 3rd largest automaker in the country, having produced 45000 vehicles.
- In 1919: The first 4-door vehicle was introduced with an all-steel coupe body and an enclosed cabin.
- In the 1920s: The company lost its ground with the change of ownership, as it was sold to the Chrysler Group in the year 1928.
- In the 1930s: The company put more focus on exterior styling, which led to immense popularity among the car buyers. Until 1942, they started introducing a luxury series.
- In 1960: With the introduction of Dodge Dart, the company entered a low price market, with the vehicle starting out at just $2000. The only issue was with the company losing its full-sized car, hence the rush into production was required, leading to Dodge 880.
- In the 60s and 70s: Dodge would go through several hiccups as vehicles were discontinued, and the styling was gradually toned down. But before things could unfold badly, it was the ‘Muscle Car’ era that brought a lot of attention, with the production of iconic vehicles, such as Charger, Challenger, Super Bee and Coronet R/T.
- Currently, we see nostalgic design with the Dodge Charger and the Dodge Challenger. They fall under the same category as that of the late 60s Dodge vehicles, as they come with economical and powerful V-6 engine. As the company puts more emphasis on efficiency, we also see a renaissance of the Dodge Dart. The company looks forward to continue the legacy of the legendary creators, as it offers robust vehicles at competitive prices.
Get Dodge A/C Compressor Components from R & Y A/C Compressors® Today!
Whether you are looking to get accumulators and driers or compressor kits to maintain or repair your Dodge A/C compressor, R & Y A/C Compressors® has got your back. Start browsing through our inventory today!