Being the 11th largest vehicle manufacturer in the world, Chrysler is quintessential of class and elegance, in terms of design, technology and safety features. Let us take a quick look at the brand’s history and get to know everything that made this company a renowned name.
Chrysler is a subsidiary of an Italian-American automotive company, Fiat Chrysler N.V., with its headquarter in London. The sales and marketing of vehicles is done under the flagship brand of Chrysler, as well as Ram Trucks, Dodge and Jeep. Other major divisions include SRT, its performance automobile division and Mopar, its automobile parts and accessories.
It was in the year 1925, when the Chrysler Corporation was founded by Walter Chrysler from the remains of the Maxwell Motor Company. With the acquisition of Dodge Brothers and Fargo Trucks, the company was expanded in 1928.
Popular Car Make and Model Under Chrysler
Chrysler is well-known for their cars and minivans. Here is a quick look at their latest vehicle lineup:
- Chrysler 300
- Chrysler Pacifica
- Chrysler 200
- Chrysler Town & Country
- Chrysler Sebring
- Chrysler PT Cruiser
The Evolution of Chrysler
- In 1924: Chrysler 6 offered innovations like 4-wheel hydraulic brakes, along with 6-cylinder engine, which offered interchangeable bearings and aluminum pistons. The six-cylinder would produce sufficient power to get that Chrysler six to a top speed of 70 mph.
- In 1925: The Chrysler Group sold a total of 135,000 vehicles making it a powerful player in the American automotive industry.
- In 1934: A new type of vehicle was designed, which was engineered to more futuristic and aerodynamic than any other car. It was named the ‘Chrysler Airflow’
- In 50’s and 60’: Chrysler started putting more effort on lustrous designs and included tailfins reflecting the jet age.
- In 1980: The company received a government bailout that would allow it to start producing economical vehicles that can lead to sales spike.
- In 1983: The company introduced the minivan concept, which became a massive success, and a niche was created in the market.
- In the 2000s: Following the need for restructuring, Chrysler lost roughly 16% of its staff members.
- Today, with Fiat as the majority owner of the Chrysler Group since 2009, we have witnessed more efficient vehicles and designs influenced by the company. The sales figures have been exceptional in the last decade, with as many as 50,000 employees working for the company. The Chrysler group now oversees numerous divisions including SRT, Ram, Mopar, Jeep, Fiat, Dodge, Fiat and Chrysler. The company has a strong stand for its engineering hymn, as it looks to launch several models that will offer efficiency as well as innovation.
Get Chrysler A/C Compressor Components from R & Y A/C Compressors® Today!
Whether you are looking to get accumulators and driers or compressor kits to maintain or repair your Chrysler A/C compressor, R & Y A/C Compressors® has got you covered. Start browsing through our inventory today and grab some great bargains on 100% original products sold by us!