Offering models for every niche, from sports cars and luxury SUVs to saloons of all sizes, BMW designs a wide array of cars with the driver in mind. It has also forged the luxury electric segment with i8 and 13 models. Let us take a peek into the history of this company.
BMW or Bayerische Motoren Werke is a Germany based automotive conglomerate, which presently manufactures luxury vehicles. Until 1945, it also used to produce aircraft engines. With its headquarters in Munich, the company was established in 1916, with its production facilities in the US, UK. South Africa, India. China, Brazil and Germany. Having produced 2,279,503 in the year 2015, BMW became the 12th largest producer of motor vehicles in the world. The major shareholder of the company is the Quandt family.
The manufactured automobiles are sub-divided into a couple of brands, including BMW i for plug-in electric cars and BMW M for performance models. Rolls-Royce and Mini also come under BMW, whereas motorcycles are marketed under the name BMW Motorrad. The company also has an extensive motorsport history, particularly in the Isle of Man TT, sports cars, Formula 1 and touring cars.
Popular Car Make and Model Under BMW
BMW is well-known for their SUVs and hybrid models. Here is a quick look at their latest vehicle lineup:
- BMW X4
- BMW X5
- BMW i8
- BMW Z4
- BMW 7 Series
- BMW 4 Series
The Evolution of BMW
- In 1929: Fahrzeugfabrik Eisenach was acquired by the company, which, at that time was producing vehicles under the brand name Dixi.
- In 40s and 50s: Civilian-based bicycles were the reason behind their survival until 1948, which was followed by re-production of motorcycles. By the year 1952, vehicle production started again.
- In 1936: The engineering team of BMW worked on the development of their cars from small 7-based cars into 6-cylinder luxury cars. It began manufacturing BMW 328 Sports car as well!
- In 1954: BMW 502 V8, the all-time famous vehicle made its appearance into the market, allowing the company to expand its reputation.
- In 1956: Muscle 507 Car was introduced, making the company the largest earner of all time.
- In 1967: With a larger plant, the company shifted to a new location and began manufacturing motorcycles in Berlin.
- In the 80s: The company began production in Regensburg, and by the next decade it entered the US market, soon acquiring the British Rover Group. This brought the MINI and Rover brands under BMW ownership.
- In the 2000s: The company launches its famous 1 series, taking over Rolls-Royce and MINI brands. It also created a joint venture in China, by establishing a plant in Shenyang.
- By 2013: The new era of electric mobility took a kick-start with the launch of BMW i3.
Get BMW A/C Compressor Components from R & Y A/C Compressors® Today!
Whether you are looking to get accumulators and driers or compressor kits to maintain or repair your BMW A/C compressor, R & Y A/C Compressors® has got your back. Start browsing through our inventory today!