With a rich history behind it, Mercedes-Benz is defined as an ultimate driving machine with lavish comfort and convenience on offer. It is certainly a name of high repute, when we talk about luxury automakers. Let us peek into the history of this iconic brand!
Mercedes-Benz is a Germany-based automobile company, being a division of a German firm Daimler AG. The brand is particularly known for luxury coaches, buses, Lorries and other vehicles. Having headquartered in Stuttgart, Baden-Württemberg, the first time its name appeared was under Daimler-Benz in the year 1926, with the brand slogan being ‘the best or nothing’.
The origin of the company dates back to the first gasoline-powered automobile, Karl Benz’s Benz Patent-Motorwagen and Daimler-Motoren-Gesellschaft’s Mercedes from 1901. In the year 1999, the company became Mercedes-Benz AMG following the integration into Daimler Chrysler. Over the years, the company has developed multi-concept cars with alternative propulsion, such as fuel-cell, fully electric and hybrid electric powertrains.
Popular Car Make and Model Under Mercedes-Benz
Mercedes-Benz is well-known for their luxury vehicles. Here is a quick look at their latest vehicle lineup:
- Mercedes-Benz GLA Class
- Mercedes-Benz C Class
- Mercedes-Benz CLA Class
- Mercedes-Benz AMG GT
- Mercedes-Benz Maybach
- Mercedes-Benz E Class
The Evolution of Mercedes-Benz
- In 1886: The first gasoline-powered automobile, Motor Model II was introduced by Karl Benz.
- In 1901: The first Mercedes 35 Horsepower was revealed for public sale, exhibiting the traits of a modern-day vehicle. It was marketed by DMG.
- In 1931: The company reached another high point in the automobile industry as it introduced the 170 model with the first hydraulic braking system and 4-wheel independent suspension.
- In 1951: Engineers began working on crumple zones, the basic function of which was to collapse the front and rear of the vehicle during impact to maximize energy absorption. This keeps the internal cabin rigid in case of a collision, keeping the passengers safe.
- In 1954: One of the most iconic cars of all time was introduced by Mercedes, under the name Mercedes-Benz 300 SL “Gullwing”. It recorded huge sales for the following years.
- By 1967: Engineers started developing airbags. Safety features were the key highlights for the next two decades, as the company would work on several technologies for its vehicles, including seat belt tensioners and antilock braking systems.
- Currently, Mercedes-Benz is a widely renowned brand name across the world. The company has divisions in motorsports racing teams tracing back to 1920s, and it continues to work as an innovator in the automotive industry. To lower the overall carbon dioxide emissions, the company is working on EV and hybrid technology for its vehicles. It has also found success in developing a cleaner burning diesel engine for its extensive lineup of non-commercial and commercial vehicles.
Get Mercedes-Benz A/C Compressor Components from R & Y A/C Compressors® Today!
Whether you are looking to get accumulators and driers or compressor kits to maintain or repair your Mercedes-Benz A/C compressor, R & Y A/C Compressors® has got your back. Start browsing through our inventory today!