The life of this brand has been one fascinating fable, with its struggles through the impossible territory of recessions, the demise of UK motor industry, fuel crisis and an American buy-out. In spite of all the happenings, it is still the best 4X4 maker in the world.
About Land Rover
Owned by a British national conglomerate Jaguar Land Rover, the Land Rover is a car brand, which has been acquired since 2008, by an Indian company, Tata Motors. The company specializes in 4-wheel drive vehicles and is regarded as a British Icon. In the year 1951, King George VI granted it a Royal Warrant.
The name, Land Rover was initially used for the Land Rover Series by the Rover Company. It was launched in 1948. It developed into a brand rapidly, including a range of 4-wheel driving models, including the Range Rover Evoque, Range Rover Sport, Range Rover, Freelander, Discovery and the Defender. Land Rovers are presently assembled in China, England and India.
Popular Car Make and Model Under Land Rover
Land Rover is well-known for their crossovers, SUVs, electric cars and sports cars. Here is a quick look at their latest vehicle lineup:
- Land Rover Discovery
- Land Rover Evoque
- Land Rover Velar
- Land Rover Discovery Sport
- Land Rover Range Rover Sport
- Land Rover Kicks
The Evolution of Land Rover
- In 1947: Maurice Wilks designed the first ever Land Rover, with him being the chief designer at the company.
- By 1954: The company introduced Land Rover 107” using a station wagon body. In the same year, it began introducing a diesel engine option.
- In 1965: Rover negotiated with GM on the alloy design of 3.5-liter V-8.
- In 1967: Rover built over 500,000 Land Rovers, after becoming a part of British Leyland.
- In 1988: The British Aerospace Company took controlling interest in the Rover Group, rebranding it as Rover.
- In 1994: BMC took over the Rover Group, with the introduction of the 2nd generation Range Rover.
- In 2007: Ford found itself in a financially tight situation and started selling companies from its line of auto manufacturers. A year later, it sold Jaguar and Land Rover to Tata Motors in India. By the time the deal was done between the two entities, the company shared mutual distribution routes, which made the transition easier.
- Presently, Land Rover is a private company still held by Tata Motors, with its headquarters in Gaydon, UK. It continues to deliver luxury SUVs and off-track vehicles, with an average sale of 200,000 vehicles annually, and more than 13,000 employees working for the company. It currently produces 4 different models at different trim levels including Range Rover, LR4, Evoque and LR2. The brand is also extended beyond SUVs, with endorsement of 3-wheeler pushchairs and hand built bicycles.
Get Land Rover A/C Compressor Components from R & Y A/C Compressors® Today!
Whether you are looking to get accumulators and driers or compressor kits to maintain or repair your Land Rover A/C compressor, R & Y A/C Compressors® has got your back. Start browsing through our inventory today!