Honda is a brand that we associate with true elegance and class. Soichiro Honda took inspiration from dreams to create a company that continues to challenge and inspire us, since its inception. Let us know a little more about this brand that moves the society forward!
About The Honda Motor Company
The Honda Motor Company Ltd is a Japan-based public multinational company particularly known as a manufacturer of motorcycles, automobiles, power equipment and aircraft. Since 1959, it has been the largest motorcycle manufacturer in the world. It is also the largest producer of internal combustion engines, in terms of volume, manufacturing over 14 million units annually.
Known for its extensive line-up of luxury vehicles, it was the first Japanese company to launch a dedicated luxury brand in 1986, under the name Acura. Apart from their motorcycle and core automobile business, they are also involved in the manufacturing of power generators, watercraft, marine engines and garden equipment. Since the last two decades, they have also been involved in robotics and artificial intelligence.
Popular Car Make and Model Under The Honda Motor Company
The Honda Motor Company is well-known for their crossovers, SUVs, electric cars and sports cars. Here is a quick look at their latest vehicle lineup:
- Honda CR-V
- Honda Accord
- Honda BR-V
- Honda Brio
- Honda Jazz
- Honda City
The Evolution of The Honda Motor Company
- In 1948: Co-founders Takeo Fujisawa and Soichiro Honda established the company, with its first engineered product named as ‘Dream’ D-type motorcycle.
- In 1976: The first-ever Honda Accord hatchback was built, followed by a sedan in 1979. Till now, it is the topmost selling passenger car in America.
- In 1986: The first dedicated luxury brand, Acura was released with a nameplate bearing “precision crafted performance”. Acura went on to become a good seller for the company in the near future!
- In 1999: Honda Insight was driven through an unexplored territory, making it the first hybrid vehicle in America. For the next 17 years, it stood tall as the most fuel-efficient vehicle.
- In 2017: The 2nd generation of the company’s innovative and peculiar pickup truck, Honda Ridgeline was introduced. It had features like the first Truck Bed Audio System in the world, and In-Bed Trunk. The model was honored with the 2017 North America Truck of the Year award, chosen by a panel of experts.
- Currently, Honda is one of the biggest names in the automotive industry, with its most popular car model being Honda Accord. The 2018 version earned the North American Car of the Year award. It is known to be the first vehicle from a Japanese firm to be manufactured in America, with a collective production in excess of 11 million vehicles over 3 decades.
Get The Honda Motor Company A/C Compressor Components from R & Y A/C Compressors® Today!
Whether you are looking to get accumulators and driers or compressor kits to maintain or repair your Honda A/C compressor, R & Y A/C Compressors® has got you covered. Start browsing through our inventory today!